We had a customer who recently called us and claimed after installing the LED bulbs for his Dodge Ram, there’s an error message on the dashboard. Customer satisfaction and product quality are extremely important to us, so we found the same year Dodge Ram to test out the same LED bulbs and here is what we have found out:
1. Use a pry tool to remove the front map light covers.
2. Since the stock incandescent bulb is pretty hot, you can also use this pry tool to remove the stock bulb.
3. Replace with LED bulb, if the LED does not light up, simply flip it 180 degrees. Once everything works, put back the map light covers.
4. Use pry tool to open rear dome light cover.
5. Pry out the rear dome light bulb.
6. Replace with LED bulb and put back the dome light cover.
7. After we make sure all LED bulbs light up, we start the engine and check the dashboard. No error light!
As you can see, installing new LED interior lights is as easy as swapping out the original bulbs with new LED bulbs. The error message was just an isolated incident. There is no error message on the dashboard so after installation, you’re good to go. If you’re feeling more daring, you can even attempt upgrade to LED Turn Signal Bulbs too. Enjoy your new LEDs!