These super bright 9005 LED bulbs on high beam as daytime running lights are a fantastic addition for your Subaru. Not only are the LED lights visible in the daytime, they are also very bright at night, giving your Subaru that generous step-up from stock.
This guide is to show how to install the daytime running light wiring in a 2012-up Subaru WRX. This is especially important because if we directly install the LED bulbs on 2012-up Subaru WRX high beam daytime running lights, the LED bulbs will not fully light up. The new LED bulbs for daytime running light is a great addition to make your stock Subaru WRX stand out.
1. Remove the plastic cover to access the bulbs underneath.
2. Unplug and remove the stock bulbs.
3. Install this specially designed LED DRL relay harness.
Please take a look at this diagram below to help illustrate the relay harness installation: Connect #4 and #5 to the LED bulbs Install the LED bulbs just like how we took out the stock bulbs Connect #3 and #2 to the ground To find a better ground, we need to find a bolt that has no paint and no rust. Connect #1 to battery positive. Always connect #1 last.
4. Connect #6 on the diagram to the driver’s side stock socket. For the passenger side stock socket, we cover it with black tape since it’s not going to be in use.
5. Test to see whether or not the lights work, if the light doesn’t work, flip #6 180 degrees.
As you can see, the installation isn’t difficult to attempt at all, and will give your Subaru WRX a nice set of of super bright LED Daytime Running Lights. LED Daytime Running Lights are such a great addition!